Collection of Personal Data including e-mail addresses
You may provide us with your Personal Data in order to receive information, advice, products or services from us. We may request personal information about you such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone numbers and we may ask for information which enables us to provide a personalised service to you. The information you give us is either manually or electronically stored in our databases.
We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties. For instance, if inaccurate post codes are received, we will use third party software to fix them.
Use of Personal Data
We process your Personal Data, and share your Personal Data with others, only for specific and limited purposes. We ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. Some of these purposes may include the following:
- To provide the financial products you specified
- To arrange the insurance cover you specified
- To process your claim form
- For the purposes of accounting
- To contact you occasionally to inform you of products and services provided by us or third parties whose products and/or services we think you may be interested in. We may contact you by letter, telephone or email for this purpose.
- To process your request for information or advice
- To help diagnose any problems with our server and administer our website
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For example, we use technology to track which pages of our website our visitors view. We also use technology to determine which Web browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally; it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our website.
We use this anonymous data to improve the content and functionality of our website and our e-mail updates, to better understand our customers and visitors, and to improve the services we offer.
In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, we may use session variables that only exist in the real time browser window. On closure of the browser, the session will expire along with the data. Session variables are also used during data capture for quotation and user account authentication.
We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information, such as determining how many of our visitors are from outside of the UK. We may also perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (i.e: aol.com, yourcompany.com) to more accurately gauge our users' demographics.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
We do not share with, nor sell nor distribute your Personal Data to unrelated third parties, except under these limited circumstances:
- We may share various details about you with our insurance partners, underwriters, loss adjusters and other agents in order to provide you with the specific service you require or to look after products you have with us, or in connection with insurance arrangements, and in the processing of claims.
- We may pass your email address on to review companies such as Trustpilot, to monitor and improve our system based on your feedback. However, we will not do this without your explicit consent to do so.
- We may share or transfer the information in our databases to comply with a legal or regulatory requirement, for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, the Unclaimed Assets Register (for example in connection with the possible recovery by you of unclaimed distribution payments) to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our sale, merger, reorganisation, transfer of business, dissolution or similar event.
- By law we also must perform a Financial Sanctions Check via the UK Government's Financial Sanctions list and record the findings to confirm that you do not have any current Financial Sanctions.
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data and to comply with applicable law.
Sensitive Personal Data
Data Integrity and Security
We strive to maintain the reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency of Personal Data in our databases and to protect the privacy and security of our databases. The security measures in place on our website and computer systems, aim to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of the information you provide to us. We keep your Personal Data only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or regulatory requirements, or our data retention policy.
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your Personal Data, we will (subject to the exceptions to the requirement to disclose under the DPA) disclose to you the Personal Data we hold about you, for which we may make a small charge.
Requests to delete Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and regulatory requirements or document retention obligations and any of our current contracts which are still in force.
If you wish to make a subject access request, relating to Personal Data held about you by us, please write to:
The Data Protection Officer
We encourage you to ensure that your Personal Data is accurate and kept up to date so please regularly update any information you have given to us by sending an email to contact-form. We will correct, amend or delete any Personal Data that you notify us is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of necessary changes.
Links to other websites
Our website contains hyperlinks to other pages on our website. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our website our visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally – it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
Transfer of Data Abroad
We may transfer data and our offices and third party processors which may be located outside the EEA. Where your Personal Data is transferred outside the EEA we will ensure that the recipient agrees to keep your information confidential and hold it securely in accordance with the requirements of the DPA.
If you are visiting our website from a country other than the country in which our servers are located (currently the UK), the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries.
By providing us with your Personal Data, you consent to the processing and transfer of your data as set out in this section.
We hope you will be delighted with our services. If you no longer wish to receive information from us and want to be removed from our standard mailing list you can "unsubscribe" by email. Please allow twenty eight days for the unsubscribe process to be completed.
Remember that by stopping the information that you receive from us about our products and services may not benefit you. For example, you may not hear about new products or additions to our insurance that may save you money.